Daniel Shemtob’s recipe for the Amira Breakfast Chimmi Rice Scramble
Shemtob shares his experience cooking with Amira Basmati Rice and how its high quality and uniqueness differs from the rest.
Serves 2 people.
- 6 eggs (preferably organic)
- ½ Cup Amira Natural Basmati Rice
- 2.5oz whole milk
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 8 pieces of asparagus
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms
- 3oz cooked black beans
- Cilantro Chimichurri – Ingredients on right
- Kosher Salt
- Olive Oil
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 4 pieces of garlic, cleaned and peeled
- 1 tsp of red chili flakes (1 tbsp instead if you like heat)
- 1/2 lime squeezed (1.5 ounces lime juice)
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 bunch green onions (3-4 pieces)
- 3oz olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Prepare Amira Natural Basmati Rice. Follow instructions on package.
- As the rice is cooking, prepare the Cilantro Chimichurri. Blend all ingredients for it together well in a food processor or mortar and pestle. When blended into a chunky puree, salt to taste.
- Prepare the black beans. Use a small saucepan on medium heat to melt 1tsp of butter. When the butter is cooked down, add 3oz of Black Beans in the pan. Add 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare the eggs. Crack 6 eggs into a bowl and mix with 2.5oz of milk. Whisk together quickly. Add 1 tsp of black pepper and set aside.
- Take a large pan and turn to medium high heat. Coat the pan with enough olive oil to cover it. Once the pan is hot, add 1 tbsp of butter. Then add the asparagus, mushrooms and 1 tsp kosher salt and continue to sauté, allowing the vegetables to cook with the butter. Once seared, lower it to medium heat and wait 20 seconds. Then add eggs and let it sit for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Start folding over the outer edges toward the center with a rubber spatula. After 2 to 3 minutes, the eggs will have cooked through, but they will seem about 10% runny. Turn off the heat and put the eggs into a mixing bowl with the rice, beans and cilantro chimichurri.
Mix together and enjoy!
Compliments of Amira and Daniel Shemtob.